Hi All,
I just read Jean's addition to the family blog - a first for her, and thought I'd add to her Sunday happenings with Gram's Sunday. Gram was sitting at her table, working (for McGill's of course) and she realized that she had water spurting out from under her kitchen sink! She got on the phone to call me (Peg), got Jean Garlock by mistake and then managed to get me. She said she needed help, she had water all over the kitchen! I put on my boots as it was still snowing and blowing and ran over to see what was going on. I first went to the downstairs bathroom where the pump is and had to run through a waterfall coming from the ceiling! I went in the bathroom and started turning every faucet that I could see and finally got the one that I figured shut off the water to the upstairs. I ran upstairs and Gram was right - THERE WAS WATER EVERY WHERE AND THEN SOME! While I started taking stuff out from under the sink I told Gram to call Bliss - the town plumber! She didn't want to call him it being Sunday and all but did it anyway. We then began to start sopping up the water, I got the bottom of the cupboard dried out and began stomping on newspapers on the carpet to sop up the water. We went through quite a few newspapers before Bliss got there. He found out that the hot water pipe had split by me going back down and turning on the water once again! Then he had to get the cupboard dried out again and change the pipe. Bliss had brought a small shop vac type of machinery with him and while he worked on the pipe, I worked on sucking up the water. When he got done with the pipe he worked on sopping up water out of the carpet. We "swept" for close to an hour getting water out of the carpet and figured Gram had the cleanest carpet in town, at least in front of her sink. So as you can see "the bad luck Sunday" happened in Gustavus as well as Greene! I haven't heard from Gram today so assume all is fine up there! This is an addition to the Family Round Robin from Gram. Love to all!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment