Aunt Shar's obituary was published in the Tribune a few days ago. I thought I would share it here:
Sharlene Carmichael 1935-2009
POSTED: April 12, 2009
BOCA RATON, Fla. - Sharlene Carmichael, 73, formerly of Howland, and residing in Boca Raton since 1992, passed away Tuesday, April 7, 2009.
She was born Nov. 24, 1935.
She is survived by her husband of 51 years, Charles Carmichael Sr.; a son, Charles (Valerie) Carmichael Jr.; three daughters, Dawn (Tedd) Lee, Kimberly (Colin) Murray, Amy (Andrew) Bertilacci; and seven grandchildren, Adam, Colin Jr., Kyle, Prospero, Nickolaus, Amanda and Trevor. She also leaves a brother, Ronald Winningham, and a sister, Ardith Murphy.
Sharlene was preceded in death by her granddaughter Jillian.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Howland United Methodist Church, where friends will be received from 1:30 p.m. until service time. Pastor Ronald Spore will officiate.
Interment will be in Sager Memorial Cemetery in Bristolville.
The family requests expressions of sympathy be made to the Berea Children's Home, 202 E. Bagley Road, Berea, Ohio 44017.
Local arrangements were entrusted to Roberts-Clark Chapel. To view this obituary online or send condolences, go to www.robertsclarkchapel.com
-------
I was just thinking about the things I remember most about Aunt Shar & Uncle Chuck's house: Swimming in their pool and the nifty little room they had where you could change your clothes (I always thought that was the neatest thing!); their collie... Lady?; Spaetzel at their house on New Year's Eve (or Day?); the year they flooded the front lawn in December and we fake skated on the ice; Chuckie and his tarrantula... remember THAT?!; and just what a dynamic person Aunt Shar was. Never a dull moment at her house. :)
Want to share your memories too? Post them in the comments or send them my way.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment